Candle decoration is one of the most popular and easiest ways to decorate your house, office or any event. It is an easy way to invoke the feeling of peace and relaxation in the atmosphere. The best part is that you can make it as elaborate or as simple as you want, depending on your mood and taste.
The following candle decoration ideas will inspire you to decorate your event with Elegant Event Essentials!
Decorative Candle Holders
Glass Candle Clings
If you're looking for a unique way to decorate your candles, then glass candle clings are the way to go! Candle clings are made from thin, transparent sheets of vinyl or plastic that can be cut into any shape. They're also easy to apply and remove, so you can change up your candle decoration as often as you like.
To use glass candle clings:
- Start by cleaning the surface of your candle jar with rubbing alcohol.
- Cut out the design you want from the sheet of cling using scissors or a craft knife.
- Leave a small border around the edge of the design.
- Peel off the backing paper and carefully apply the cling to the surface of the candle jar.
- Gently smooth out any bubbles with your fingers.
Once your cling is in place, add a ribbon around the base of the jar for an extra touch of decoration. You can also use clings to decorate votive holders or tea light holders. Just be sure to test them out first to ensure they fit properly and don't obstruct the flame.
Star or Snowflake Candles
Whether you're looking to add a touch of winter wonderland to your home décor or want to enjoy the beauty of star-shaped candles, decorating candles with ribbons is a great way to achieve both! Try adorning white or cream-colored candles with blue or silver ribbon for a simple yet chic look. You can also experiment with different colors and patterns to create unique, eye-catching designs.
If you're using star-shaped candles, consider adding a bit of extra flair by attaching small stars or snowflakes to the ribbons. This will give your candles a sparkling and festive look that's perfect for the holiday season. You can find these decorations at most craft stores, or you can make your own using glitter paper or shimmery fabric.
Cylinder Candles in Vases
If you're looking for a unique and stylish way to decorate your home with candles, why not try cylinder candles in vases? This is a simple yet elegant way to add a touch of class to any room.
- Choose some cylinder candles in colors that complement your décor. You can find these candles at most home décor stores.
- Pick out some vases that are the right size for the candles.
- Make sure the vases are clean and dry before you begin.
Now it's time to get creative! Wrap the top of each candle with a ribbon, using hot glue or double-sided tape to secure it in place. Be sure to leave enough ribbon at the end so that you can tie it into a bow. Once all of your candles are wrapped, arrange them in the vases however you like.
You can use this decoration for any special occasion or add a bit of romance to your everyday décor. Cylinder candles in vases make a beautiful and unique addition to any home!
Mason Jar Lamps
Looking for a simple yet elegant way to decorate your candles? Try using mason jar lamps! Mason jar lamps are a quick and easy way to add a touch of class to any room. All you need is a few supplies and some creativity.
Here's what you'll need:
- Mason jars (any size will do)
- Ribbons (any colour or pattern)
- Candles (tea lights work best)
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Start by wrapping the ribbon around the neck of the mason jar. Secure in place with hot glue.
- Continue wrapping the ribbon around the jar, covering the entire surface.
- Once you reach the ribbon's end, secure it with hot glue.
- Cut off any excess ribbon.
- Place a light tea candle inside the mason jar and enjoy your new decoration!
Bouquet with a Candle in the Middle
Consider using candles if you're looking for a festive way to decorate your home this holiday season. Candles can add a warm and inviting glow to any room and, when used in conjunction with other decorations, can help to set the mood. One popular way to decorate candles is by placing them in a bouquet. This is a simple yet elegant decoration that is sure to please.
To create a bouquet of candles, you will need the following:
- One large candle
- Several smaller candles
- A vase or other container for the bouquet
Start by tying the ribbons around the bottom of the large candle. Then, arrange the smaller candles around the large ones, using the ribbons to secure them. Once all of the candles are in place, put them in the vase or container of your choice. You can add additional decorations to the bouquet, such as pinecones or holly berries.
Mason Jar Chandeliers
What you need:
- Mason jars (different sizes work best)
- Paint (optional)
- Hot glue and glue sticks
- Tea light candles or LED tea lights
- If desired, paint the outside of the mason jars. Let dry completely.
- Cut ribbons to desired lengths. The number of ribbons you need will depend on the number of mason jars you are using and how full you want your chandelier to look.
- Starting at the top of the mason jar, hot glue a ribbon around the circumference, making sure to leave enough slack so that the ribbon hangs down inside the jar.
- Repeat step 3 with the remaining ribbons, attaching each one at different heights around the jar until all ribbons are used up.
- Place a light tea candle or LED tea light inside each jar and hang your chandeliers up!
Dried Flowers and Ribbons on a Branch
Dried flowers and ribbons are a popular choice for candle decoration. They can be used to create a variety of looks, from rustic and natural to elegant and romantic.
To create this decoration, start by drying some flowers. You can do this by hanging them upside down in a dark, cool place for a few days. Once they're dry, carefully remove the petals and leaves from the stems.
Next, gather some ribbons in colors that coordinate with your dried flowers. Cut the ribbons into lengths that will fit around the circumference of your candles. Tie the ribbons around the candles, making sure to leave some extra length at the top for hanging the branches.
Finally, glue or tape the dried flowers and leaves onto the ribbons. Hang your decorated candles from branches or other supports, and enjoy your beautiful creation!
Glass Jars for Decorative Purposes
Glass jars can be used for a variety of decorative purposes. They can be used to hold candles, flowers, or other trinkets. They can also be used as vases or bowls. Glass jars come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and colours, so you can find one that fits your decorating style.
Ribbons are a great way to add a touch of flair to your glass jar decoration. You can use ribbons to tie around the neck of the jar or wrap them around the body of the jar. You can also use ribbons to create bows or other decorations on the outside of the jar. Get creative with your ribbon choices, and have fun!
Inexpensive DIY Ideas
If you're looking for some inexpensive DIY ideas to decorate your candles with ribbons, then look no further! Here are some great ideas that will add a touch of elegance to any candle:
- Wrap a ribbon around the base of the candle. This will add a bit of colour and texture to the candle and can be done with any type of ribbon.
- Tie a bow around the middle of the candle. This is a great way to add decoration to the candle's top without spending too much money.
- Wrap a ribbon around the entire candle. This is a bit more time-consuming, but it will give the candle a really elegant look.
- Make your own ribbon Candle Toppers. These are easy to make and can be customized to match any decor. Simply take some ribbons and hot glue them together in whatever design you like. Then just glue them onto the top of your candles!